HISTORY OF TRINITY CHURCH
RECTOR LIST 1832-PRESENT
Click Link to Download a List of Rectors at Trinity Church from 1832-Present
Trinity Episcopal Church was jointly founded/built in 1832 with a group of city Methodist who both used this building on alternate Sundays for six (6) years. By then it was being used as a rectory. The first service was held in the church on July 17th, 1842.
The church built in 1832 was destroyed by fire in 1936.
Trinity celebrated its 175th birthday in 2007.
The cornerstone on the current church was laid in 1899 as old as the Tiffany windows, the windows were removed, cleaned and reinstalled as part of its 175th birthday.
The Church has an Open Door Policy to all Christians, All are welcome, so come worship with us!!!